As you age, it is the eyes that show aging signs. Besides, treatments like dermal fillers and Botox injections are a great alternative for removing aesthetic problems such as Crow’s feet. However, when it comes to swollen or sagging eyelids, you would require treatments like Blepharoplasty. In simple words, it is a procedure, which involves removing the extra skin and fat from the lower or upper eyelids.
Eyelids generally expand as we become old. Besides, the muscles which actually hold them also become weak. Due to this the extra fat may accumulate below and above your eyelids, and this causes droopy eyelids and drooping brow. This might also cause undereye bags too. Apart from making you look aged, sagging skin around eyes can also reduce your side vision.
Such visual difficulties can be corrected with blepharoplasty. Your eyes look younger and attractive with this treatment. Ava Eye Clinic is a very reputed Singapore eye clinic which is famous for blepharoplasty. Check their site online for taking appointment.
Blepharoplasty – Types
This treatment is categorized into two and they are functional blepharoplasty and cosmetic blepharoplasty. Check the following to know about them in detail.
- Functional Blepharoplasty: This treatment is generally meant for elderly patients who have excess upper eyelid skin.
- Cosmetic Blepharoplasty: This treatment mainly focuses on improving the appearance of your eyes. It helps the patients by restoring the youthful appearance.
Post Treatment Care
- Ensure that you wear sunglasses before stepping out of your home. In fact, by doing this you can protect your eyes from dust and pollution.
- Avoid using make-up products on your eyes for at least 6 to 7 days, post getting the treatment done.
- Avoid spending time in front your laptop or desktop screen for about 3 to 4 days post the treatment.
Say bye-bye to those saggy eyelids with blepharoplasty!