In addition to facilitating accessibility to therapy, the internet obviously provides economic interest through cheaper fees, but online terapi also guarantees anonymity as well as face-to-face counseling. In addition, some people like to be able to express themselves in writing during e-mail, for example. They are then led to confide more. So depending on the trauma and character of the person, e-therapy may be more appropriate than face-to-face interview.
Finally, it is easier for the patient as the therapist to return to certain exchanges because everything is preserved. Stress can explain many physical problems. If you suffer from stress, an online therapy can be a good alternative for you in particular to ward off anxiety, irritability, fatigue, emotions, moments of panic, depression, burnout, etc.
Equally effective as traditional therapy, online therapy has many other benefits. She allows to:
- Remain anonymous (if you wish) and avoid the stereotypes of going to see a psychologist.
- Avoid boring, difficult or even impossible journeys (eg for people with reduced mobility).
- Feel more comfortable in your home or where you choose to talk to your therapist.
- To better structure one’s thinking in the case of a therapy using written messaging.
- Cancel or easily post an appointment via the electronic calendar.
- Change therapists (when deemed necessary) through the easily accessible network of therapists offered by the platform.
Have shorter sessions for those who prefer it.Combine different communication modes (written messages, audio messages, video messages, live chat, videoconferencing, audio conferencing).Ensure greater discretion for people not wishing to be seen entering and leaving a firm. Avoid the crowds if you are agoraphobic.Avoid face-to-face interactions when you do not feel comfortable.
Why consult online?
Online therapy brings many benefits to those who use it through its accessibility and ease of use:
- This is a good option for people living in remote areas
Online therapy provides access to psychological information for people in rural and remote areas. Those living in these areas may not have access to another form of treatment. Online therapy is therefore an opportunity for these people to access treatment they might not otherwise have.
- Accessibility of therapy to those with physical limitations
The online therapy allows intervening and offering a real psychological support to people with disabilities or confined to the home. Mobility can be a problem for people needing therapy and being listened to. People who are unable to leave their homes for various reasons, such as a physical or mental illness, may then consider online therapy as an alternative to traditional psychotherapy settings.
- Convenience and affordability
Online therapy is generally quite affordable financially and conveniently.
- Online therapy makes information more accessible
Indeed, with the internet, the information is more easily accessible which reassures because very few dare to talk about their psychological suffering to their family or friends.
- Online therapy can also be an educational tool
It may indeed be an important tool to help people learn about psychological health. Its goal is to help people who use e-therapy to become psychologically stronger. Everyone learns more about behaviors and coping strategies that will lead to better psychological health.