Root canal treatment cost in Singapore can vary depending on the clinic you go to, but it usually falls within the range of S$500 – S$1700. Some clinics may offer a lower price if you opt for a package deal that includes other procedures such as teeth whitening or dental implants. See what’s involved in a root canal treatment on this page: https://smilepoint.com.sg/treatment/root-canal-treatment/.
Root canal treatment is necessary when the pulp inside a tooth becomes infected or damaged. If left untreated, an infection can spread to the bone surrounding the tooth and cause tooth loss.
Root canal treatment is a relatively safe and effective procedure that can save your natural teeth. It involves removing the infected pulp from inside the tooth and then cleaning and sealing the tooth cavity.
What are the Telltale Signs of Needing a Root Canal?
Most people do not realize they need a root canal until the infection has progressed significantly and they are experiencing severe pain, swelling, or a fever. That’s when most patients start researching root canal treatment cost in Singapore as they compare clinics.
Now, there are some early warning signs that can indicate that you may need a root canal. These include:
- Sensitivity to Hot or Cold Foods and Drinks: When the pulp inside the tooth becomes infected, the nerve endings can die. This can cause a decrease in sensation in the tooth, which may lead to sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks.
- Toothache that Persists Even After Taking Painkillers: If you are experiencing a toothache that persists even after taking painkillers, it may be indicative of an infection. Infections can cause significant pain and should not be ignored.
- Swelling and tenderness that is usually localized—especially in the gums near the affected tooth: When a tooth is infected, the gums surrounding it may become swollen and tender. This is your body’s way of trying to fight off the infection.
- A Discolored or Swollen Tooth: If you notice a discolored or swollen tooth, it may be a sign that the pulp inside the tooth is infected.
- Pain when biting Down: Pain when biting down can be a sign of an infection or damage to the pulp inside the tooth.
Early detection and treatment of a root canal infection can save you time, money, and pain. That said, make a point of seeing your dentist if you experience any of these symptoms and they persist.
How is Root Canal Treatment Done?
A root canal treatment usually takes one or two visits to the dentist’s office to complete. During the first visit, the dentist will numb the area around the affected tooth and then remove the infected pulp. This may require drilling into the tooth to access the pulp chamber.
The pulp is then cleaned and sealed inside the tooth. In some cases, a temporary filling may be placed in the tooth. During the second visit, the dentist will remove the temporary filling and replace it with a permanent filling or crown. As for the cost, root canal treatment cost in Singapore can vary depending on several factors, including:
- The severity of the infection
- The type of dental materials used
- Your dentist’s experience and expertise
- The location of the clinic
- Whether you opt for a package deal that includes other procedures such as teeth whitening or dental implants
It is important to keep these factors in mind when considering the cost of a root canal treatment. However, it is important to remember that the cost of not getting a root canal treatment can be much higher. A lost tooth can lead to problems with chewing and speaking and may require extensive dental work to repair.
How to Find Affordable Dental Care in Singapore
Finding affordable dental care in Singapore can be a challenge, but it is not impossible. Here are a few tips to help you find quality dental care at a price you can afford:
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Chances are there someone you know has had a good experience with a dentist in Singapore. Ask about the cost, the location, and the type of services offered.
- Use online directories to find dentists in your area. Singapore has several online directories that list dentists by specialty and location. This can be a helpful way to start your search for affordable dental care.
- Compare prices before making an appointment. It is important to compare prices before making an appointment. Ask the dentist for a written estimate of the cost of the treatment, and be sure to ask about any additional fees that may apply.
- Consider dental insurance. Dental insurance can be a helpful way to offset the cost of dental care. Many insurance plans offer coverage for preventive services, such as routine checkups and teeth cleanings, as well as for major procedures, such as root canals.
- Ask about payment plans. Many dentists in Singapore offer payment plans to help patients afford dental care. Ask the dentist if they offer a payment plan, and be sure to ask about any interest rates that may apply.
By following these tips, you can find quality dental care that is affordable and fits your budget.
When considering root canal treatment cost in Singapore, it is important to note that the cost isn’t usually constant as it could be influenced by many factors. It is also important to think about the other costs that come with not getting the treatment done.
The good news is that cost of root canal isn’t as high as it may seem, and there are ways to budget for it. If you have any other questions about the cost of a root canal or finding affordable dental care, please don’t hesitate to ask. A good dentist should be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are proud to offer quality dental care at an affordable price. We understand that cost can be a concern, and we do our best to offer a variety of payment options to our patients. If you are considering a root canal treatment in Singapore, please contact us to schedule a consultation. Call: +6564751028.
Smilepoint Dental Holland Village – Wisdom Tooth Extraction/Removal | Dental Implants
43 Jln Merah Saga, #01-64 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
+65 6475 1028