If you’re suffering from skin issues such as wrinkles, skin pigmentation, sun spots, freckles, and want a non-surgical and safe skin treatment, consider IPL. Intense Pulsed Light, or IPL, treatment is the most effective option.
What exactly is IPL Skin Treatment?
IPL treatments make use of different wavelengths of light pulses to treat skin issues. The light that penetrates the skin’s second layer of cells converts to heat, which burns off additional pigment. Different wavelengths of light pulses may target different skin conditions and result in healthier and more youthful-looking skin.
What Are The Different advantages of IPL treatment?
Besides being a safe procedure, an IPL skin care treatment also offers the following health benefits.
- IPL treatment is able to remove spots of various colors such as black, gray, and brown due to the use of different wavelengths of light. While some wavelengths work well for darker spots, others may target lighter spots.
- IPL therapy also activates dormant collagen. This triggers new healthy cells that replace the wrinkled, older cells. It results in youthful skin that is soft, spotless, and tight.
- IPL can be used to treat various areas of your body in addition to the face. To give you a younger and even appearance, IPL can treat multiple areas of sun damage in different areas of the body.
- IPL can be employed to treat hair loss as well as skin pigmentation. The intense light pulsed can also be used to heat hair follicles and slow hair growth.
What are the preparations for the skin for IPL treatment?
To prevent scarring in the future, it is essential to maintain the appearance of your skin. There are a few ways to prepare your skin for IPL treatment.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for 15 consecutive days prior to treatment.
- Don’t get other cosmetic procedures like getting botox brow lift. Also, avoid threading the areas that will be treated.
- Avoid using retinol-based cosmetics and ensure your physician is aware of any medication you are taking.
IPL Skin treatment is safe to use. However, it’s not recommended for people with certain medical conditions that could cause bleeding or loss of blood. It also isn’t recommended for pregnant women or those suffering from chronic health issues.
If you want to learn more about IPL treatment, you can visit Aire MedSpa on their official website and book an appointment by calling 941-541-4166.