Back pain is a very restricting pain, it restricts your movement and working ability. You are not able to drive or sit for sometime and work. Even for those at home, it is next to impossible to do the chores at home. So we give you a few suggestions to reduce lower back pain in simple ways.
All the remedies you can use to reduce lower back pain.:
- The first step must be to get some rest.
- You can use over-the-counter medicine for the pain if gets unbearable. But it should only be occasionally and not regularly, else approach a doctor immediately.
- Use a hot or cold compress and followed by some light massage to relieve the stress from your muscles.
- Try yoga, a few poses are used for the target area and have proven to be very effective for the users. It also increases the flexibility of the body as a whole.
- Physiotherapy is also a good way to reduce lower back pain. The trained physiotherapist will help you stretch your body in certain postures that can reduce the pain in a few days. But this has to be followed on regular basis.
- Try pelvic tilts. You have to start flat on your back. Bend your knees and feet should touch the floor. Try to contract the muscles of your stomach so that you can feel the hips and pelvic region in a rocking position. Try to stay in this position for 10 seconds and then relax for some time. You must repeat it at least 10 times.
- Bridging exercise has proven helpful. When you are lying flat on your back you have to bend your knees in such a way that only your heels are touching the floor, not the entire foot. Try to dig in the heels so that you can squeeze your buttocks. Then lift your hips and make them come in line with the shoulders.
- Lifting small weights on regular basis can help you train your back muscles. Slowly increase the intensity of the weight. But please do it under a trained person, so that you do not end up making matters worse.
- Aerobic exercises may help you reduce back pain. You can try swimming, running or even regular walking. All this will help reduce any excess weight that may be the cause of the pain in your back.
- Cortisone injections are administered if the pain is unbearable. The injection is administered directly in the epidural region around the spinal cord. This is an anti-inflammatory drug being used to reduce inflammation in the roots of the nerves.
- Acupressure is advised by a few people to reduce acute pain. Needles are inserted at special specific points in the body so as to relieve stress.
- Tractions are used to stretch the back, with the help of pulleys and weights. The discs are moved back into place.
- Surgery may be a last resort.At times surgery is needed to correct any deformities in the back.